THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday 9 July 2011

Lucky few days !!

Well the past few days have been very lucky for me ... not only did I win a stitching freebie from Cross Stitch Collection yesterday, but today - Saturday - I won another from same magazine !!!! First one was a collection of Zweigart fat quarters and two Zweigart books .... gave some to my sister ..... and today I received a large heavy parcel and on opening found two more Zweigart Hardanger books and lots of fabric !! Lovely white  pure linen band measuring 8" x 46"  and a huge piece of Laguna in a light milky coffee colour measuring 54" x 58"  ..... very handy for allsorts ....

Have also finished off the sampler for my best friends birthday ( in September)  and will pop a pic in later as I am going to take out one line of the verse and more it over slightly ... well here is a  'before'  pic before I move thesecond line !


and now the corrected version !


 

Have also made some more jewellery and put some on my  'folksy'  shop for sale:
 http://folksy.com/shops/LadybugJewellery  -

but have also made a nice bracelet and ear-rings for my daughter using some beautiful abalone beads and some moonstones ....



3 comments:

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Congr on your two wins. Isn't it fun to win just by enjoying blogs.
Your stitching piece is very pretty.

Mary Joan said...

Congratulations on your two winnings! Oh, WOW, Your sampler for your friends 60th Birthday is just wonderful. She will love it. Just love the colours and the design. And the wording has worked out very well. It's worth unpicking until it's right. Well Done!

Mary Joan
http://maryjoanstitching.blogspot.com/

mdgtjulie said...

Everything is lovely Val. I like it much better in the after pic. You're right about moving it, IMHO. Love the moonstone too!