THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday 26 April 2011

A little finish and a new start

Well I have finished the cushion I have been stitching for my daughter Julie - she loves hares and this will be part of her 44th birthday in May ! It has been stitched on a light olive evenweave with ordinary DMC threads and contrasting fabric on the back which is also around the piped edges ...



I have also started a box - same as Victoria Samplers winter Box , but in different colours ... I am stitching this on pale mint green DMC fabric which is slubbed so looks a litle like linen ...  I am using a beautiful thread for this - a hand dyed thread by Chameleon called DogRose, which I received as part of my  'Calendar Girls'  gift from friendly stitchers members ... I had never heard of these threads, but they are beautiful, and although they are cotton, they have the feel of a fine silk - I shall have to look these up on the net ;)  ..... this box is a gift for a friend but I have another couple to do for non-stitchy friends and have some good ideas as to what to fill them with ....





We have had some nice weather in the part of North East England where I am living, but quite cool and windy today  .... but lots of things growing in the greenhouse, including lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers,carrots and beetroots ( only got a 6' x 6' greenhouse) ..... outside I have three bags of potatoes growing, plus two small apple trees inblossom, and some raspberry bushes and strawberries yummy  :)

I have also been making some more jewellery and will post pictures later as I am now getting a few orders  :)

4 comments:

Joyce Clark Frank said...

I love the pillow. Know your daughter will love it. Very pretty colors.

Maureen said...

Your pillow has turned out lovely Val - i am sure your daughter will really like it.

Mouse said...

ooo it looks Fab val :) and love the colours of the box ... must get mine started soon :) love mouse xxxx

mdgtjulie said...

I love the colors on your box top, Val, and the cushion is cute. Keep up the good work. Glad you had a nice few days, as it's been awful here. I have a few flowers growing, but my balcony here is much smaller than the balcony at my other place, so I don't have as much room to plant things.